1. Declaration of Teams / Individuals – A team / individual, will declare to the league officials prior to the start of the race that the appropriate payment and declaration to the league has been completed prior to competing. You are also requested to notify the officials if you will not be able to complete the full race distance within 70 minutes. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
2. Team Scoring
The ‘A’ team will be the first 4 runners from each team
The ‘B’ team the next 4 athletes from the same team
The ‘A’ team will be the first 3 runners from each team
The ‘B’ team the next 3 athletes from the same team
3. Method of Scoring – The inverse scoring method will be used where the winner scores 150 points, second 149 points etc for the men. Ladies races inverse scoring method will be used where the winner scores 100 points, second 99 points etc . The scoring applies to League members only; non paying and non disclaimer participants being excluded from the points. No retrospective payments will be accepted
4. Non-attendance – League teams unable to attend a league fixture will score no points for that fixture. If more than half the League are unable to attend a race, then the fixture will be declared non-scoring.
5. Appeals – If an appeal Committee becomes necessary, it will be formed from one representative from each team.
6. Course length – Course length should ideally be between 5 and 6 miles. Ladies courses should ideally be up to 4miles. It should also be ideally 80% off road.
7. Race start times – All league races are planned to start at 1430 hrs. A delay of 15 minutes is acceptable if the runners are known to be arriving late. Team captains are responsible for notifying the host team if late arrival is necessary.
8. Guests – Guest teams or individuals can be invited by host teams or the secretary. Guests will not count for League points but will feature in the race.
9. Number Of Races – Winter League - Individuals may score points in a maximum of 8 races (based on a season of 10 races. If there are less or more than 10 races in anyone season individuals who complete all races can drop their two least scoring races). Should a tie occur, the number of first places will be taken into consideration. The progressive points total will be provisional until final race of the season. Team results are based on a team competing in all races for the season.
10. Categories – Categories will be:
(All ages on the day of the first race) Competitors over the age of 70 may compete over the short (ladies) course if the wish. In this case a handicap system will be utilised. Competitors who wish to use the short course must declare their intention to the league officials before commencement of the first race. The league officers reserve the right to combine categories for the purpose of presentation of trophies, should there be too few entries in one category.
11. Declaration of Categories – A runner’s category is determined by their age on the day of the first race. Runners must declare this category at the beginning of the season and remain in that category.
12. Results – Organisers are responsible for the completion of the finishing order for their race, and is to be handed to the Secretary on his representative on the day of the race. Organisers should keep Men and Ladies separate. Only the secretary will produce and distribute the official results and statistics of the league.
13. League fees – The league fees for the season will be set prior to the Annual General Meeting, and presented to the Secretary at the AGM and no later than the first race. The fees for this year are £45 per club, £5 per individual. Anyone/Team who has not paid will be excluded from any race results. They will only be included from the race from which payment has been made.
14. Interpretation – The Secretary and the Treasurer have completed discretion as to the interpretation of the league rules.
15. Prizes – Will be presented at the last event of the season.
- Top ten overall men’s and ladies awards (this also includes 9 races plus marshalling at your home race, names to be submitted by team captains after home race if applicable)
- Winner of each age category men’s and ladies
- Top three teams men’s and ladies (Team B’s will be included in overall results there will be no separate B Team category)
- All competitors completing all races in the season.