1. Declaration/payment of Teams & Individuals – A team / individual, will declare to the league officials prior to the start of the race that the appropriate payment and declaration to the league has been completed prior to competing (details on forms page). You are also requested to notify the officials if you will not be able to complete your full race distance within 70 minutes. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
2. All runner registration - All runners must register to run to enable the results system to work (details on forms page)
3. Team Scoring
The ‘A’ team will be the first 4 runners from each team
The ‘B’ team the next 4 athletes from the same team
The ‘A’ team will be the first 3 runners from each team
The ‘B’ team the next 3 athletes from the same team
4. Method of Scoring – The inverse scoring method will be used where the winner scores 150 points, second 149 points etc for the men. Ladies races inverse scoring method will be used where the winner scores 100 points, second 99 points etc . The scoring applies to League members only; non paying and non disclaimer participants being excluded from the points. No retrospective payments will be accepted
5. Non-attendance – League teams unable to attend a league fixture will score no points for that fixture. If more than half the League are unable to attend a race, then the fixture will be declared non-scoring or be rescheduled.
6. Appeals – Will be dealt with by the committee. If an appeal Committee becomes necessary, it will be formed with one representative from each team.
7. Course length – Course length should ideally be between 5 and 6 miles for the men. Ladies courses should ideally be up to 4 miles. It should also be ideally 80% off road.
8. Race start times – All league races are planned to start at 1430 hrs, unless previously agree and published by the committee. A delay of 15 minutes is acceptable if the runners are known to be arriving late if agreed by the race organiser. Team captains are responsible for notifying the host team if late arrival is necessary. Runners taking longer than an anticipated 70 minutes may be asked to start early for safety reasons.
9. Guests – Guest teams or individuals can be invited by host teams or the secretary, they should register under the host team.
10. Number Of Races – Winter League - Individuals may score points in a maximum of 8 races (based on a season of 10 races. If there are less or more than 10 races in anyone season individuals who complete all races can drop their two least scoring races). Should a tie occur, the number of first places will be taken into consideration. The progressive points total will be provisional until final race of the season. Team results are based on a team competing in all races for the season.
11. Categories – Categories will be:
All ages are generated & placed into appropriate age categories from the 1st Oct of each season. Competitors over the age of 70 may compete over the short (ladies) course if they wish. In this case a handicap system will be utilised. Competitors who wish to use the short course must declare their intention to the league officials before commencement of the first race. The league officers reserve the right to combine categories for the purpose of presentation of trophies, should there be too few entries in one category.
Junior=under age of 20 (must be 19 or less on date of first race), Senior=20-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
12. Declaration of Categories – A runner’s category is determined by their age on the day of the first race. Runners must declare this category at the beginning of the season and remain in that category. Runners are not permitted to change Teams during the season.
13. Results – Organisers are responsible for the completion of the finishing order for their race, and is to be handed to the Secretary on his representative on the day of the race. Only the secretary will produce and distribute the official results and statistics of the league. Race results are not automated so take time to compile, they will be published before the next race. If this is not possible an appropriate notification will be published on the Website and Facebook.
14. League fees – The league fees for the season will be set prior to the Annual General Meeting, and presented to the Secretary at the AGM and no later than the first race. The fees for this year are detailed on the "Forms" page of the website. Anyone/Team who has not paid will be excluded from any race results. They will only be included from the race from which payment has been made.
15. Interpretation – The Secretary and the Treasurer have completed discretion as to the interpretation of the league rules.
16. Prizes – Will be presented at the last event of the season.
- Top ten overall men’s and ladies awards (this also includes 9 races plus marshalling at your home race, names to be submitted by team captains after home race if applicable)
- Winner of each age category men’s and ladies
- Top three teams men’s and ladies (Team B’s will be included in overall results there will be no separate B Team category)
- All competitors completing all races in the season.